Tejas Beach Volleyball
Junior Beach Volleyball has quickly gained popularity in Texas, especially in the North Texas Region. Beach Volleyball is an amazing tool for developing all aspects of your game. We have some new features for our beach program this year that will further enhance the development of any athlete!! ALL players from ALL indoor clubs are welcome to participate in our program.
Our Beach Season, Session 1 will begin the first week of June on Tue/Thur at 5:30pm.
Age Divisions for 2015
New age divisions! This season the age cut-off date will be the same as it is for indoor. You will play in the same age group that you played in for indoor. The only difference with beach is that there is only a 12 & under, 14 & under, 16 & under, and 18 & under divisions. So, if you played indoor on a 15's team, you would play in 16 & under for beach tournaments. You have to play in the age group of the oldest teammate (if one is 14 & under and the other is 16 & under, you have to play in 16 & under in beach tournaments).
- 12 and Under - Born on or after September 1, 2002
- 14 and Under - Born on or after September 1, 2000
- 16 and Under - Born on or after September 1, 1998
- 18 and Under - Born on or after September 1, 1996
Tournaments are offered at various locations, dates, and times around the metroplex nearly every weekend and many weekdays during the summer. Our complete recommended list of tournaments will be provided to all participants.
Each team/partnership is responsible for selecting their own tournaments to play in. This allows teams to pick and choose the events that work best for them and their schedules.
New Beach Season
The 2015 Beach Season will be split into 3 sessions. One in June, one in July and one in August. Each session will run every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30-11:30am.
* The first week of June will be from 5:30-7:30pm because of school.
All practices will take place at North Field Park: 7804 Davis Blvd, North Richland Hills, TX 76182
Each team can decide what tournaments they want to play in. They can play every weekend or they could decide to play twice a month - it is completely up to each team. If you already have a big summer vacation planned, beach is still an option for you since you are able to choose which tournaments you play in! Most of our top teams will attend every practice and will attend at least two tournament a month.
The cost for session 1 or session 2 is $200. If you would like to participate in both sessions then you will receive a discount of $50, paying a total of $350. This fee will be made at the beginning of each session block. This covers EVERYTHING except for tournament entry fees, since all tournaments are decided by each team. The tournament entry fees range from $15-$25 per player and tournaments are offered every single weekend during the summer months.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you have to be from Tejas Volleyball to participate in our beach program?
- You do not have to be from our indoor club, Tejas Volleyball, to participate... we work with any player from any indoor club - 12-18yrs. Each player does, however, need to be registered with USA Volleyball. If you played club indoor volleyball, you do not need to register for anything else. If you did not play club indoor volleyball, you will need to register for a Summer/Beach Membership ($15) at ntrvolleyball.org.
- What if my daughter does not have a partner?
- You do not need a partner to join, we will be practicing in small groups and partners can be assigned during practice times. We will make every effort to find a partner for your child to participate with during any tournaments that you elect to participate in however, it is ultimately your responsibility to find a partner.
- When do they practice?
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30-11:30am. The practice sessions will cover technique, conditioning, and theory/strategy geared to the beach doubles game. All practices will conclude with a plyometrics program that is designed to increase speed, agility, and the vertical jump!
- What is the cost?
- Cost is $350 for the entire summer. If you would to participate in only 1 of the 3 blocks, the cost is $200. This fee does not include tournament entry fees, as all tournaments are optional for each player. Teams will have the option of playing in all tournaments or skipping some if both players agree. Each tournament is an individual event with a team entry fee of around $30-50 ($15-$25 each) and players can pick and choose which events that want to compete in. In beach volleyball you could play the whole season with the same partner or have a different partner for each tournament. You don't need a partner to tryout, but if you have one you'd like to play with then that's fine too.
- What can we expect from a practice session?
- Every session includes doubles instruction, conditioning, and ball control/skills drills. We play at the end to apply what we have learned. All practices will conclude with a plyometrics program that is designed to increase speed, agility, and the vertical jump! You will be exhausted after each practice. We expect all players to be in the best shape of their lives after completing this program!
- Where are the practices held?
- All practices will be held at North Field Park, 7804 Davis Blvd, North Richland Hills.
- Why beach volleyball?
- If your junior loves volleyball, but the thought of spending long days inside a gym when it is nice outside is not that appealing, then playing beach (sand - we don't really have a beach :) is a great alternative to keep up skills and increase speed, quickness and endurance.